I think it’s time we all admit it. Crew dispatchers do incredibly critical work in the maritime industry, yet this work often goes unsung. Many of you manage hundreds of crew across dozens of vessels, scheduling the right crew for the job and making sure they know where to be and when to be there. At the same time, you’re also tracking manning requirements, expiring certifications, rest time and travel time, and holidays and vacations. All of which have to be balanced, often with only a calculator, a spreadsheet, or an outdated computer system to make things work.
What if all this could be easier?
Helm CONNECT Personnel meets crew dispatching challenges head on. Whether it’s getting your crew to confirm their schedules or making sure you’ve got sea time information at your fingertips, we’ve got you covered:
- Know immediately who’s qualified to work. Easily see whose crew certifications are up-to-date and won’t expire while they’re on the job.
- Schedule crew by group. Organize your crew into groups for work, training, or meetings then quickly schedule them by group instead of by individual.
- Don’t chase your crew by phone. Send crew change notifications automatically and let your crew confirm them by email or text. Add travel notes to let them know how they’re getting to and from their jobs.
- Comply with manning requirements. Plan your schedules in advance and easily see unfilled manning requirement positions. Plan your schedules for the year and use reports to forecast hiring needs to fill unfilled positions.
- Anticipate future hiring needs. Plan your schedules for the year and know how many positions you’ll need to fill.
- Don’t wait for paper timesheets. Captains confirm crew changes and timesheets online, you approve them on shore, and they flow through to payroll without any manual data entry.
- Automate crew change forms. Have crew change forms triggered automatically instead of relying on crew to remember them.
- Produce sea time letters on demand. Have the information at your fingertips to produce sea time letters for your crew.