We’re excited to share the latest release of Helm CONNECT with you. The Helm team has been working hard since the last release to build features you’ve been asking for and we can’t wait for you to try them out!
Here’s what to expect in this release
New and improved Vessel Installer
We’ve revamped the Vessel Installer so now you’ll need just one install file that can be used for all your vessels, making it easier to get Helm CONNECT updated on your boats. To get the upgrade, please do the following byDecember 31st , 2016:
- Download the new vessel installer and provide the file to your vessels (this can be done with a USB drive).
The “Download Installer” button is located under Setup -> Fleet. Click to view full image.
- Click on into each vessel page and click the “Send Upgrade” button. This will automatically send the upgrade to the vessel.
The “Send Upgrade” button is located in the top right hand corner of each vessel install page. Click to view full image.
Note: The installer is 110MB and the update requires constant access to the Internet for up to 45 minutes.
Enhanced Reporting capabilities
Watch the video below:
We’ve improved Helm’s reporting functionality, so you’ll be able to analyze just the information you’re looking for directly in Helm CONNECT. Users can now also build, save and share reports directly in Helm CONNECT.
With Reports, you can now:
- Create reports based on specific fields you want to report on.
- Easily save reports in Helm CONNECT.
- Share reports with anyone in your organization.
- Have access to real time reporting data.
- Export reports to PDF.
Helm CONNECT Maintenance
We’ve enhanced Maintenance tasks to make them more flexible for users and easier to report on. Now, you’ll be able to:
- Add custom fields to maintenance tasks.
- Create and display a unique task number for every task in the system.
- Enable permission control on the “Add new task” button on onboard.
Helm CONNECT Compliance/Forms
We’ve added much more detail to our Forms module to help you better report for an audit. With Forms, you can now:
- Add notes and attachments to Forms templates.
- Add a crew attendee field on a form which feeds into the crew member’s personnel file history.
- Add fail/pass items to form templates so maintenance tasks are generated automatically where required.
Much more has been added! To see a full list of all changes and what’s new with Helm CONNECT Jobs, read the full Release Notes here.